Summer is coming to an end (although you wouldn’t know it from the insanely hot weather we’ve been having in DC) and classes started for me this week. In my never ending indecisiveness I can’t decide if I’m excited for summer to be over because that means fall (my favorite season) is coming, which in turn means pumpkin spice everything, and boot/scarf weather, or if I’m sad because summer, the season of fresh produce, ice cream, and sun dresses is almost gone. This months review is full of an eclectic mix of recipes, some very summery, and some very fall oriented, so there’s something delicious for whichever mood I happen to be in at the moment.
My Top 3 Most Viewed Posts of the Month:
- Best Butter Burgers – Rich, juicy, delicious!
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Sriracha Lime Slaw – Seriously the best fish tacos I’ve ever had, MAKE THEM!
- Homemade Amaretto (or Whiskey) Sours – For when you just need a delicious cocktail.
My Top 10 Favorite Links of the Month:
- Nothing says summer like blue crabs and beer, these Maryland Style Crab Cakes (from Inspired Taste) have me drooling!
- Another great summer treat are popsicles, and these Avocado Lime Ice Pops (from The Fresh Method) looks like an awesome twist on the summer classic.
- Who doesn’t love a cupcake? I absolutely want to try these Pineapple Dole Whip Cupcakes (from Yummy Crumble).
- This Ginger Melon Sangria (from Love and Olive Oil) sounds like an incredibly delicious and refreshing way to relax!
- I love all of the flavors in these Caramel Strawberry Brie Butter/Sugar Toasts (from The Lady and Pups) and I bet they would make a delicious breakfast treat.
- You all know my undying love for Mexican food which should make it no surprise that this Mexican Macaroni Salad (from The Pioneer Woman) seems like a mix of all that is good in the world.
- Some days you just want cookies without turning on the oven, these No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies (from Two Peas and Their Pod) have you covered.
- I don’t think I have words for how amazing these Roasted Garlic Eggplant Lasagna Boats with Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage (from Half Baked Harvest) look.
- Skillet Baked Mac and Cheese with Bacon Pretzel Topping (from Picky Palate) is quite simply comfort food at its absolute finest!
- Aaaand last but not least, here comes a pumpkin twist on one of my favorite cookies with Pumpkin Hershey’s Kiss Cookies (from Six Sisters’ Stuff).
Feel free to share your favorite links from August 🙂