Now that the holidays are over and everything has gotten back to normal I have 2 recipes for you! My family likes to have wing night at home every few weeks. Don’t be intimidated, wing night at home is cheap, easy, and you have control over how you cook your wings and what sauces you want. Two of the sauces we made are a traditional Buffalo style hot wing sauce, and garlic Parmesan sauce.
We normally grill out wings because my dad thinks everything is better when prepared on the grill, but you can also bake or fry your wings depending on how you like your wings best. For grilling or baking I recommend coating the wings with olive oil and season with salt & pepper for added flavor.
When we have wing night we have to have a Buffalo wing, we make a really simple sauce with just 3 ingredients – Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (I’m specifying Frank’s because my boyfriend is from Buffalo and he would probably break up with me if I suggested any other hot sauce for wings, he’s quick to point out that Frank’s was the original Buffalo hot sauce. I think Frank’s is pretty good, but if you have a different kind of hot sauce I’m sure it would work as well), butter, and honey. All you do is combine the ingredients on the stove top and heat until simmering.
I first tried garlic Parmesan wings last spring when I went to Buffalo Wild Wings with some friends, and they were delicious! I knew they would be an easy recipe to recreate, so the next time we had wing night I experimented and came up with an easy 5 ingredient recipe. You’ll need butter, olive oil (you can use all butter or all olive oil if you want, I just happen to like the mixture best), fresh garlic (grate it), Parmesan cheese (I use the pre-grated kind, but fresh obviously works too), and fresh cracked black pepper (the wings I had at BWW didn’t have pepper, but I love pepper on everything so I added some). Then you just melt the butter, add the rest of the ingredients, and simmer.
After your sauces and wings are done toss some wings in the sauce pan and stir/toss to coat, then take ’em out and enjoy!
Wings with Buffalo Style Hot Sauce and Garlic Parmesan Sauce
30 wings split at joint, tips removed (60 pieces if you you’re buying pre-cut wings)
ranch or blue cheese dressing for serving (optional)
Buffalo Hot Sauce
1/2 stick butter (you can add a few more tablespoons depending on how spicy you like your sauce)
1/4 cup honey (again, you can add more or less depending on how spicy you want your wings)
3/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (or hot sauce of your choice)
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
5 cloves garlic – finely grated
fresh cracked black pepper
– For grilled wings: coat wings with olive oil, salt & pepper and grill over low heat for 60 – 75 minutes
– For baked wings: place wings on a rimmed baking sheet, coat with olive oil, season with salt & pepper, and bake at 425 °F for 20 – 30 minutes
– For fried wings: lightly coat wings with flour, salt, & pepper, fry at 375 °F for 9 minutes
– For Buffalo style hot sauce: melt butter, add honey and hot sauce, stir until combined, simmer for several minutes, stirring occasionally
– For garlic Parmesan sauce: melt butter, add extra virgin olive oil, grated garlic, and Parmesan cheese, stir until combined, simmer, stirring frequently
– When wings and sauce are done place wings in pan (about 6 at a time) and stir/toss to coat, then remove from pan
– Serve immediately