Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and I have the perfect dinner for two, salmon fettuccine with tomato cream sauce.
This pasta is super creamy with a touch of tomato tang, plus it’s super simple to make, so you won’t have to spend all night in the kitchen.
The sauce is a nice blush sauce, made with tomato, cream, and Greek yogurt to thicken and add richness.
Save yourself from the crowds and hullabaloo of going out to a restaurant and make this for your Valentine (or Galentine) this Sunday instead!
Serve it up with a glass of wine, and you’ve got yourself the perfect meal, a pretty pink pasta sauce, with salmon and peas.
- - 6 oz fettuccine
- - 1/4 cup pasta water, reserved after cooking
- - 1 tablespoon olive oil
- - 1/2 sweet onion, finely diced
- - 1 clove garlic, minced
- - 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- - 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- - 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- - 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- - 1/4 cup cream
- - 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- - 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- - 1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese + more for serving
- - 6 oz cooked salmon, flaked
- - 2/3 cup frozen peas
- - Cook the fettuccine according to package directions, reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water after cooking
- - In a large skillet heat the olive oil and cook the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes
- - Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute
- - Stir in the tomato sauce and spices, simmer for 5 minutes
- - After simmering add the cream and Greek yogurt, stirring until the yogurt melts
- - Mix in the lemon juice, cheese, and salmon
- - Toss the pasta into the sauce and add the pasta water until combined
- - Serve immediately
- - I used full fat Greek yogurt, you can use low or non-fat, but the sauce won't be as rich
- - I used canned salmon because that's what I had on hand, but fresh would also be delicious
Happy Valentine’s Day <3