One of my all time favorite summer meals is a BLT, you can’t really beat fresh tomatoes and bacon so when I saw a recipe for a Grilled Salmon BLT Club Sandwich with Avocado in the July/August issue of Food Network Magazine I knew I had to try it. My roommate Alyssa actually made these when I was late getting home from work, they were delicious! We didn’t make ours club sandwiches, they were plenty big enough without the extra layer of bread.
These sandwiches also have a delicious garlic lime mayo, to make it you combine mayo, garlic, lime zest and juice, and parsley.
Add some lettuce and tomato.
And a hearty layer of bacon.
Cut the sandwich in half and enjoy!
The salmon and the avocado really add something special to the sandwich, the creamy avocado off sets the salty crunch from the bacon and salmon makes the whole sandwich more substantial.
Salmon Avocado BLTs (adapted from Food Network Magazine)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 clove garlic – grated
2 limes – juice and zest
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1 pound salmon filet
extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
12 slices bread – toasted
6 leaves lettuce
2 tomatoes -sliced
12 slices bacon
1 avocado – thinly sliced
– Mix together the mayo, garlic, 1 lime, and herbs, set aside
– Cook the bacon
– Season the salmon with the extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper, and remaining lime, cook on a grill pan or George Foreman grill until cooked through
– Spread mayo on 6 slices of toast
– Top with lettuce, tomato, avocado, salmon, and bacon
– Top with remaining slice of toast
– Cut sandwiches in half and serve