Happy Halloween! I made you a treat 🙂
Unfortunately we don’t have trick or treaters at our apartment, but that isn’t stopping us from eating these peanut butter oatmeal coconut chocoalte chip cookies and candy corn (I LOVE it, I don’t care what the candy corn haters say) while watching Hocus Pocus (the BEST Halloween movie of my childhood).
I developed these cookies a few months ago to celebrate Luke’s new job. I combined some of his favorite things (peanut butter and oatmeal) with my favorite things (chocolate and coconut) and a new favorite cookie was born!
Luke likes them so much he requested them for his birthday earlier this month!
In my mind they’re the perfect cookie, chewy with lots of flavor from the peanut butter and coconut with TONS of chocolate chips. You should make these ASAP!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- - Preheat oven to 350F
- - Melt the coconut oil, place in a bowl with the brown sugar and peanut butter, beat with a mixer until combined
- - Add the egg, vanilla and salt, mix until combined
- - In a separate bowl combine the oats, flour, and baking powder, stir to mix and add to the wet ingredients until just combined
- - Add the coconut flakes and chocolate chips, mix for a few seconds until mixed into the dough
- - Roll into 1.5 inch balls with your hands and place on a greased or lined baking sheet about an inch apart, the cookies really spread so don't worry too much about the spacing
- - Bake at 350F for 12-14 minutes
- - Let sit on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool
Trick or treat?