As I mentioned in my 2015 recap post, I got a KithcenAid mixer for Christmas and as promised, I am bringing you a new cookie recipe!
I had some lemons in the fridge, so I bring you Iced Lemon Cheesecake Cookies, they’re soft and sweet with a perfect tangy lemon cream cheese icing.
I based the dough off of my Blueberry Sugar Cookies. It has cream cheese in the dough, and is a super soft cookie.
I rolled the dough into balls to make nice, round, uniform cookies (making sure to taste test the dough as I went).
See that missing cookie up there ^^^ ? Quality control.
The icing is a simple mix of cream cheese, sugar, and lemon that I spooned over the cookies once they were cool.
The cookies and the icing make a perfect combination, and a delicious treat, try them for yourself 🙂
- - 1 stick butter (softened)
- - 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- - 1 cup sugar
- - 1 egg
- - 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- - 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- - zest of 2 lemons
- - 2 1/2 cups flour
- - 1 teaspoon baking soda
- - 1 teaspoon baking powder
- - 1/4 teaspoon salt
- - 1 1/2 oz cream cheese
- - 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- - 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- - zest of 1 lemon
- - Preheat oven to 350 °F
- - Cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar
- - Add in the egg, vanilla, lemon juice and zest
- - In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- - Carefully add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture in batches until combined
- - Roll the dough into ~1" balls and place on a lined or greased baking sheet
- - Bake at 350 °F for 10-12 minutes, cookies should be pale in color, but should bounce back when the top is pressed lightly
- - Remove from the oven and move cookies to a wire rack, allow to cool
- - In a small bowl melt the cream cheese; microwave in 15 seconds bursts, stirring between intervals until smooth
- - Whisk remaining ingredients into the cream cheese until well combined and smooth
- - Once cookies are cool spoon the icing over the cookies as desired