There are very few summer time treats that compare to juicy fresh peaches. While I love fresh fruit on its own sometimes you just need to add sugar and transform it into a delicious dessert, fresh peaches go perfectly in cobbler served with ice cream. You may remember my Strawberry Cobbler post from a few months ago, this is essentially the same recipe, except I like yellow cake mix instead of white to go with the peaches. It’s incredibly easy, and amazingly yummy so do yourself a favor and make it this weekend!
First peel and slice the peaches and place them in a lined dutch oven (if you don’t have liners you can use parchment paper).
Then sprinkle them with cinnamon and brown sugar and the cake mix. Top with pats of butter (yum)!
Put the lid on, add some charcoal to the top and bottom, and cook!
It will get golden brown and bubbly
Soooooo tangy and juicy and sweet and delicious!
Serve it up in a big bowl and add ice cream if you so desire, it’s heavenly! It’s the perfect treat for a summer bonfire (or really, any summer event).
Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler
4 cups fresh peaches
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter
vanilla ice cream (for serving)
whipped cream (optional for serving)
– Peel and slice the peaches and place in a lined dutch oven
– Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the peaches
– Dump the boxed cake mix over the peaches and distribute evenly
– Place pats of butter evenly spaced on top of the cake mix
– Cover the dutch oven with the lid
– If cooking outdoors: Place fire embers or charcoal briquets on a sheet of foil and place dutch oven on top (make sure the embers aren’t actually touching the bottom of the dutch oven as this will create hot spots and uneven cooking). Place more embers or charcoal briquets on the lid. Cook for 60-90 minutes (depending on heat), turning the oven 1/4 turn and the lid 1/4 turn in the opposite direction every 15 minutes until done.
– If cooking in the oven: Bake at 350° for 60 minutes (or until done)
– Serve with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream