Soooo, it’s my birthday!!! And what better way to celebrate than with a decadently delicious cake? This chocolate mayonnaise (yes, I know it sound weird, but I promise it just makes the cake super moist and rich and yummy) cake with a homemade peanut butter butter icing.
Not only is it delicious but it’s super easy to make. First you mix sugar and cocoa powder. Then you dissolve baking soda in water and add it to the sugar mix.
Then you add some flour and mayo.
Beat it until it’s well combined and pour it into a greased baking pan and put it in the oven.
You make some frosting (which I don’t have process pictures for because I got as little excited about the prospect of eating spoonfuls of peanut butter icing… oops) by beating together butter, peanut butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk. After the cake cools spread the icing over the cake. And cut a big piece.
And pour a giant glass of milk and enjoy the decadent chocolate peanut butter deliciousness.
Amazingly delicious, chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven and this cake is a shining example of that, make some for yourself and try it today, you’ll thank me, I promise.
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake with Peanut Butter Icing
Yields 1 – 13 x 9″ cake
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoon cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup water
2 cups flour
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pound powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
For the Cake
– Preheat oven to 350°
– Combine the sugar and cocoa powder in a large bowl
– Dissolve the baking soda in the water, add to the sugar mixture
– Add the flour, mayonnaise, and vanilla to the sugar mixture and beat until combined
– Pour into a greased 13 x 9″ pan
– Bake for 30 minutes
– Allow the cake to cool
For the Icing
– Cream together the butter, peanut butter, and vanilla
– Alternate adding the powdered sugar and milk until well combined
– After the cake has cooled spread the icing over the cake