I’m back! After a crazy last few weeks of classes and a great Christmas break I’m bringing you the perfect recipe for the crazy cold weather. Prepare yourselves for Chicken Bacon Ranch Macaroni and Cheese. Yes folks, it’s as wonderful as it sounds! A few weeks ago FoodPorn tweeted a photo of Chicken Bacon Ranch Macaroni and Cheese so I googled recipes and came across this one from Of The Hearth. It kind of reminded me of my nanny’s baked macaroni and cheese which is my absolute all time favorite food ever so I decided to use that recipe as a base, it turned out fantastically!
First cook some bacon and crumble it when it’s cool. No recipe can be bad if it starts with bacon, that’s a scientific fact.
Then cook some chicken. After it’s done shred it up.
While your chicken cooks boil some water and cook a box of macaroni according to the directions on the package. After it cooks drain the macaroni, return it to the pan, and stir in sour cream and ranch seasoning.
Then mix in the bacon and chicken.
Put half of the macaroni into a buttered pan and top it with shredded cheese and pepper (you can add salt too if you like but in my opinion the ranch seasoning mix is salty enough). Repeat with another layer of macaroni and cheese. Pour some milk over the macaroni.
Place the pan in the oven and bake until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
Serve up the deliciousness!!!!! I kid you not, this mac and cheese is a cheesy, ranch mac and cheese with delectable bits of bacon and chicken, yummmmmmmm!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Macaroni and Cheese
6 slices bacon – cooked and crumbled
2 chicken breasts – cooked and shredded
1 box (16 oz.) elbow macaroni
1 cup sour cream
1 packet ranch seasoning mix
24 oz. cheddar cheese – shredded
– Preheat the oven to 350 ºF
– Cook the bacon until slightly crisp, then crumble
– Cook the chicken, let cool, and then shred
– Cooke the macaroni according to box directions, drain and return to pot
– Stir the sour cream and ranch seasoning into the macaroni
– Mix in the crumbled bacon and shredded chicken
– Butter a 13 x 9 baking dish and pour half of the macaroni into the dish
– Top the macaroni with half of the cheese and some pepper
– Repeat the layering with the rest of the macaroni and the cheese
– Put the baking dish in the oven and bake until the cheese is browned and bubbly (about 40 minutes)