Looking back on the end of 2015 I realize I kinda fell off of the blogging map. So my resolution for 2016 is to be better about blogging, and bring some new delicious treats or fun places to go at least twice a week. Yes, I realize this is the third week of January, but I’m a really good procrastinator… better late than never, right? Anyway, I thought I would start with a short list of my 5 most popular posts from the last year:
- The Farmer’s Daughter – If you are ever in Chincoteague VA you NEED to stop here for some seriously fresh, simple, and oh so tasty seafood fare.
- Red Wine Braised Chipotle Short Rib Tacos – One of the most flavorful tacos I’ve ever eaten, and I’ve eaten A LOT of tacos.
- Slow Cooker Hard Apple Cider Pulled Pork with Homemade BBQ Sauce and Coleslaw – Who doesn’t love a good pulled pork sandwich?
- Dinner at La Tasca – A DC/Baltimore tapas restaurant with great food and amazing sangria.
- Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Brownies – Chocolate/peanut butter heaven!
And, if you’re interested here are some highlights from the end of 2015:
Luke visited for a recruitment weekend, we went to a cooking challenge and got to take in a Caps game from box seats!
Thanksgiving was full of food, family, and brunch!
I took a trip to England with my friend Gretchen to work with our collaborators at University of Warwick. Plus we got to explore London for a few days, which was full of site-seeing, mulled wine, Indian food, and fish and chips!
For Christmas we spent time with family and friends, and Luke and I took a trip to Charlottesville (don’t worry there will be an entire post about that coming at you soon)! Pluuuuus I got a kitchen-aid! You better believe I’ll be bringing you some more tasty cookie recipes!