A few weeks ago I made this super delicious recipe from one of my favorite blogs, Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Cream Sauce from Two Peas and Their Pod. It’s super easy and super delicious! The combination of the red pepper, tomato, creamy Greek yogurt, and Italian spices make for an absolutely amazing tangy rich sauce.
First cut the squash and roast it in the oven. When it’s done let it cool for a few minutes and remove the flesh from the skin with a fork.
Roast the peppers either in the oven or over the gas flame.
When they’re blackened on all sides place in a bowl covered with saran wrap, allow them to cool and then peel, seed, and finely chop.
Cook some onion and garlic in olive oil over the stove and stir in the red pepper, tomatoes, and oregano, parsley, and basil. Then add some Greek yogurt.
Stir until well combined.
Put some squash on a plate, top with sauce, and serve with Parmesan cheese.
Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Cream Sauce
Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
1 medium spaghetti squash
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Cream Sauce
3 red bell peppers
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion – chopped
3 cloves garlic – minced
15 oz can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon dried basil
salt & pepper
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
Parmesan cheese – for serving
For the spaghetti squash
– Preheat oven to 400°
– Cut the squash in half and rub the cut sides with olive oil
– Place the halves cut side down on a baking sheet
– Bake for 45 minutes until the squash is tender
– Remove from the oven, allow to cool for a few minutes
– Scrape with a fork to remove the flesh from the skin and place in a large bowl
For the Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Cream Sauce
– While the squash is in the oven roast the peppers, you can either place them in the oven and rotate until all sides are charred, or roast them over a gas stove turning until all sides are black, then place them in a bowl covered with plastic wrap or in a plastic bag and allow to cool, then peel the skins and remove the seeds and chop finely
– Cook the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft (about 5 minutes)
– Add the red pepper, tomatoes, and spices, simmer the sauce for about 20 minutes
– Stir in the yogurt
– Serve the squash on a plate and top with sauce and Parmesan cheese as desired