A blizzard in the DC area they say? 16-24″ of snow? Well, to that I say, let’s make margaritas, eat some chips, salsa and guac, light some tropical scented candles and pretend we’re somewhere else, somewhere warm.
Considering last night we got 0.5″ of snow and roads looked like this:
I’m pretty sure that’s enough to drive anyone to drink…
I’m planning on hunkering down tonight (thanks UMD for closing school already) and not leaving my apt until Monday morning. If you’re with me stock up on tequila, triple sec, limes, and pomegranate juice (since we’re adults you should probably buy some real food too, like the aforementioned chips, salsa, and guacamole ingredients :p )!
I’ve made these margaritas several times, my friend Gretchen and I created them after spending way to much money on them at our favorite sushi place (yes, margaritas at a sushi place, we thought it was weird too until we tried them, and then we didn’t care because they were so so good). They’re tangy with the perfect amount of sweet, and a big kick of tequila, try them and I’m sure you’ll love them too!
Cheers to this winter weather and dreaming of warmer places!
- - 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- - 1/4 cup lime juice (this was 2 limes for me)
- - 1/4 cup triple sec
- - 1/2 cup silver tequila
- - salt or sugar for rimming the glass
- - lime wedges for garnish
- - ice
- - Combine the pomegranate juice, lime juice, triple sec, and tequila, mix well
- - Rim your glasses by running a lime wedge around the top of the glass then run the glass rim around a plate with salt, sugar, or both
- - Fill your glasses with ice, split the margarita mix evenly between the glasses
- - Garnish with lime wedge and serve
- - These margaritas are strong, if you don't like to taste the alcohol in your drinks you should cut back on the tequila, try 1/4 cup and go from there