Chocolate and peanut butter are a classic that pretty much everyone loves (unless you’re a weirdo like my brother who doesn’t like peanut butter in any form, in which case you have issues) so I decided to combine them for Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Brownies, genius, I know. I made these brownies for a super bowl part and oh my goodness they are soooo freaking good and super simple. I used a box mix as the base for these brownies and then jazzed them up by completely ignoring the directions on the box because I do what I want. The result was delicious, these brownies are seriously some of the most fudgey and rich brownies I’ve ever had and I’ve eaten A LOT of brownies.
First take your brownie mix, pour it into a bowl, and then discard the box, you don’t need it, I promise. Substitute the water with coffee, if you don’t like coffee (I don’t know what’s wrong with you) don’t worry the brownies don’t actually taste like coffee, they just have a deeper chocolate flavor. Then use melted butter instead of oil because butter makes everything better (it’s a scientific fact). Add eggs and mix everything together. Lastly stir in some hot fudge. Pour the batter into a cake pan. I lined mine with wax parchment paper so it would be easier to take out the brownies (and because I absolutely loathe doing dishes).
Drizzle melted peanut butter over the top and swirl it around. It took a lot of self control for me to bake this instead of eating it with a spoon…
Originally I was going to stop here but then I decided I wanted topping on these brownies. I melted some more peanut butter and hot fudge and spread a thin layer over top, then I topped this thin layer with thick drizzles of peanut butter and hot fudge.
After you’ve sufficiently covered the brownies with delicious toppings lift the parchment paper out of the pan and cut up the brownies.
You should probably trim the edges so they look nice (and so you can eat all said edges before the party even starts for you know, taste testing, you wanna be sure they’re good, right?).
These brownies are seriously some of the most fudgey, rich, delicious brownies I’ve ever had and I think you’ll like them too!
- 1 box brownie mix (family size, 13 x 9)
- 1/4 cup coffee - cooled
- 2/3 cup butter - melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup hot fudge
- 1/2 cup peanut butter - melted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter - melted
- 1/4 cup hot fudge - melted
- -Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- -Empty the brownie mix into a bowl
- -Add the coffee and butter and stir
- -Mix in the eggs and vanilla until combined
- -Stir the hot fudge into the mix
- -Pour the batter into a 13 x 9 cake pan that has been lined with parchment paper (or greased) and spread until even
- -Drizzle the melted peanut butter over top and swirl into the brownie batter with a knife
- -Bake for 20-25 minutes until done and remove from the oven
- -Spread a thing layer of the melted peanut butter and hot fudge onto the brownies
- -Drizzle the remaining melted peanut butter and hot fudge over top
- -Allow the brownies to cool (you can put them in the fridge) before cutting