You read that right, this is my review for November and December. Somehow (and by somehow I mean my Second Year Seminar and finals) the past two months got away from me (read were a giant blur) and here we are in 2015. Believe me, I had every intention of writing blog posts, my phone is full of pictures of food I’ve made and I have approximately 29843 (give or take a few…) pieces of paper with recipes scribbled on them covering me desk, but I just haven’t found the time to actually sit down and turn them into a coherent (or if I’m being honest, babbling) blog post. That being said I know I’ve been seriously slacking on blogging and I really do miss it (A LOT) which is why I’m making it one of my resolutions to blog more regularly in 2015 (yes, I know it’s already the second week in January, but procrastination has always been my strong suit, so better late than never, right?). So pull up a char, grab a mug of something delicious (I’m currently sipping on my first flat white, I gotta say, I’m not super impressed, I mean, it’s not bad, but I think I would prefer a regular old latte or cappuccino), put on some tunes (I’ve been listening to T. Swift’s album pretty much nonstop when it came out… don’t hate me) and prepare for some very drool-worthy foodporn.
Since this is so late I’m just gonna go ahead and do a top 5 recipes from 2015 for my blog rather than linking you to November and December (I know, things are getting crazy up in here).
My Top 5 Most Viewed Recipes from 2014
- The Best Butter Burgers – These are some seriously juicy, buttery, pretty much melt-in-your-mouth, burgers and they got the seal of approval from my burger loving boyfriend.
- Homemade Amaretto (or Whiskey) Sours – If you’ve never had homemade sours mix before you’ve never really had a sour, click on this link and go make right now (seriously, why are you still reading…)
- Grilled Fresh Fish Tacos with Sriracha Lime Slaw – Anyone who knows me at all knows me I LOVE tacos (and Mexican food in general) so when I saw these are AMAZING you should not take that lightly, they’re seriously good stuff!
- Charcoal Seared Flat Iron Steak – It’s a shame there’s snow on the ground right now because I could really go for some of this amazingly tender and flavorful steak right now.
- Zucchini Banana Bread Muffins with Coconut Brown Sugar Cinnamon Topping – Muffins are a great excuse to eat sweets for breakfast, and these are even loaded with fruit and veggies so that basically makes them healthy (logic).
My Top 10 Favorite Links: November 2014
- I think these Salted Caramel Apple Popcorn Bars (from The Cookie Rookie) look like such a fun combination!
- These Reverse Shepard’s Pie (from Bev Cooks) sound like a hearty and creative dinner. Side-note, I’ve gotten hooked on Bev’s blog in the last few months and I discovered (read stalked) her Instagram which is chalk full of pictures of her absolutely adorable twins.
- Chocolate Challah Bread Pudding (The Food Gays) looks super rich, decadent, and delicious !
- I really like making Chinese food at home and this Honey Sesame Chicken (from Foodie Anonymous) will most definitely be happening.
- I’m not generally a huge pie fan but I absolutely LOVE pumpkin pie and this Chocolate Swirl Pumpkin Pie (from Healthy Seasonal Recipes) adds my favorite thing (chocolate, duh), so it has to be amazing!
- If someone could make me this Maple Bourbon Glazed Salmon w/ Sweet Cranberry Chutney and Salt Roasted Potatoes (from Half Baked Harvest) for dinner that would be swell.
- These are basically nutella in cookie form, Double Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies (from Savory Nothings), so how could that be bad?
- In my opinion brussels sprouts are an extremely under-appreciated vegetable, especially if they’re prepared liked this: Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic, Cranberries, Goat Cheese and Walnuts (from Pretty Plain Janes).
- I really like the combination of cranberry and orange, so this Cranberry Orange Bourbon Cocktail with Brandied Cranberries (from The Little Epicurean) sounds perfect!
- This Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Tart (from What’s Gaby Cooking) has a potato chip crust, I repeat, a potato chip crust, I don’t have any more words, so just stare at this picture:
My Top 10 Favorite Links: December 2014
- These Chocolate Covered Coconut Marshmallows (from How Sweet Eats) combine three of my favorite things, and as a bonus the blog is hilarious, seriously, in the past two months I’ve read an embarrassing number of Jess’s blog posts because she is just too funny.
- I don’t know why, but I never would have thought to make Indian meatballs like these Indian Turkey Meatballs (from Bev Cooks) but I’m so glad they exist, they look so delicious!
- Gingerbread Layer Cake with Salted Caramel Whiskey (from Top With Cinnamon) looks like heaven, I ask for gingerbread cake every year for my birthday, I think this just might be my request for next year.
- I’m all about any excuse to eat guacamole and these Chili Chicken Arepas with Guacamole (from Dance of Saucepans) look so unique!
- This Funfetti Sheet Cake (from Sally’s Baking Addiction) is full of little bits of colored happiness (aka sprinkles) and I would like some right now, thanks.
- Looking at the rainy/snowy forecast for tomorrow really makes me wish I had a big bowl of this Fish Chowder with Copper River Salmon (from Foodie Crush).
- Shortbread Cookie Bark (from Big Bang Bites) sounds like a super easy and delicious recipe for satisfying your sweet tooth.
- I love literally everything about these Sweet and Spicy Pomegranate and Poblano Chicken Enchiladas (from Cooking for Keeps).
- Chocolate and Salted Caramel New Year’s Eve Tart (from Probably Baking) looks like pretty much everything I could want, I mean, Beau puts caramel popcorn on a chocolate tart, delicious genius.
- Confession, I have never actually eat a passion fruit, however, I am very much willing to try in order to have this Passioned Green Tea Whiskey (from Lady and Pups) cocktail.
What were your favorite links?? Tell me, tell me!