One of my favorite summer vegetables is fresh corn on the cob so when I saw this recipe for Grilled Cilantro-Lime Corn on the cob from Anna Shortcakes I was inspired to create some of my own! I love grilled corn and the sweetness of the corn is complimented perfectly by the creamy butter, cilantro, smoky cumin and chili powder, and tangy lime.
First soak the corn in warm water for 20 minutes.
Put some garlic, lime zest & juice, and spices into a food processor along with some softened butter.
Mix it up until it’s combined and creamy and delicious!
Husk the corn until you only have one layer of husk left, gently peel it back and remove the silk.
Spread some butter on the corn.
Put the layer of husk back in place and grill.
After the corn is done husk the corn and spread on some more butter.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Recipe (adapted from Anna Shortcakes)
Grilled Chili, Lime, Cilantro Corn on the Cob
4 ears of corn
4 tablespoons unsalted butter – softened
1/3 cup cilantro leaves
1 lime – juice & zest
1 clove garlic – grated
fresh cilantro – for serving
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
salt & pepper
Parmesan cheese (for serving)
– Soak the corn in warm water for 20 minutes
– Combine the butter, cilantro, lime, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and salt & pepper in a food processor until well blended
– Husk the corn leaving only one layer of husks left, pull down the remaining layer of husk and remove the silk, then brush a layer of the butter mixture onto the corn before putting the husk back
– Grill for 15 minutes, rotating every 5 mintues
– Remove the corn from the grill, take off the remaining husk and brush with the remaining butter mixture, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve