Granola is a breakfast and snack staple for me, whether it’s served as a topping for Greek yogurt, or eaten by the handful. I started making homemade granola a few years ago, and it is so easy.
This coconut chocolate chip granola is my favorite (not surprising since chocolate and coconut is my favorite combination!), I’ve been eating it for breakfast with plain Greek yogurt since I made it last week.
I combine sweet coconut, rich dark chocolate chips, tangy cranberries, crunchy nuts, with coconut oil, brown sugar, and just a touch of salt.
Once everything is mixed up, it gets spread on a baking sheet.
And then baked until golden brown.
I know homemade granola may sound intimidating but I promise this is so easy to make, and tastes so amazing! It’s also super easy to substitute ingredients, you can swap in an out any kind of nuts or dried fruit you like, so versatile!
- - 3 cups old fashion oats
- - 1 cup roughly chopped nuts (I used 1/2 cup almonds and 1/2 cup pecans)
- - 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- - 1 teaspoon salt
- - 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- - 1/2 cup brown sugar
- - 1/2 cup coconut oil
- - 1 teaspoon vanilla
- - 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- - 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used 1/2 cup semi-sweet and 1/4 cup bitter-sweet)
- - Preheat oven to 300 F
- - Combine the oats, nuts, coconut, salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a bowl
- - Melt the coconut oil and add the vanilla
- - Pour the coconut oil mixture over the oat mixture and stir until everything is coated
- - Spread onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper in an even layer
- - Bake at 300 F, stirring every 15 minutes for a total of 45 minutes
- - After 45 minutes remove the baking sheet to a wire rack and allow to cool
- - When cool stir in the dried cranberries and chocolate chips
- - Store in an air-tight container for up to one month
- - Any kind of nuts, dried fruit, or chocolate will work in this recipe
Make some for yourself and eat it by the handful 🙂