A few weeks ago my mom bought some blueberry sugar cookies from a local farm stand, they were pretty delicious and I loved the idea of putting fruit inside of sugar cookies. This weekend I decided to make cookies, and since we had blueberries in the fridge I figured it was the perfect time to try making blueberry sugar cookies. As usually happens when I bake cookies I couldn’t find a recipe that I really liked so I combined a bunch of different recipes and just kind of made it up as I went along, it worked really well, these cookies were AMAZING. We ate them all in less than one day.
Cream some butter, cream cheese, and sugar, then beat in an egg and some vanilla.
In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, then gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar/egg mixture.
Gently stir in some blueberries.
Eat a few spoonfuls of dough (this is a key step in the cookie making process), then drop the dough onto a greased baking sheet.
Sprinkle some sugar over the top.
Put them in the oven and bake.
Serve them up.
Try not to eat them all at once (this is far more difficult than it may seem).
Blueberry Sugar Cookies
Yields 2 dozen cookies
1 cup sugar (plus more for sprinkling)
1 stick butter
4 oz cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups blueberries
– Preheat oven to 350°
– Cream together the sugar, butter, and cream cheese, then beat in an egg and vanilla
– In a separate bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
– Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the sugar/butter/egg mixture
– Gently stir in the blueberries
– Drop by spoonful onto greased cookie sheets
– Sprinkle sugar over top of the dough blobs
– Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes