First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM 🙂 Thanks for everything you do for me, I love you <3
Now, onto my post I was pleasantly surprised on Monday when Shortcaked left me a comment that she liked my blog and was passing on the Liebster Blog Award. This came as quite the shock because I was unaware that anyone really read my blog who I didn’t harass via facebook posts/tweets/email (thanks family and friends, you guys are the best!). As she stated in her post, the Liebster Award is kinda like blogger chain mail minus the supposed horrible consequences if you don’t pass it on.
The rules are:
- You state 11 facts about yourself
- You answer 11 questions from the person who sent it to you
- You pass it along to 11 other bloggers with 11 questions of your own.
So here it goes!
11 Facts About Little Ole Me
- I’m currently drinking a shamrock shake. I love them, like really, really love them… it’s probably a good thing they’re only around for a limited time.
- I love dogs, especially Scout (my brother’s Black Lab/Australian Cattle Dog Mix) who is currently laying at my feet.
- I’ve seen pretty much every episode of SVU ever made at least 3 times but I still watch it every chance I get.
- I recently started watching the Walking Dead and am now obsessed.
- I love to read and always have a book list that’s way too long.
- I want a pet teacup pig.
- I played the saxophone for 8 years and think about starting again all the time.
- I’m learning how to crochet, and I want to get better at knitting (make all the crazy old cat lady jokes you want).
- I drink a lot of hot tea.
- I’m a terrible singer but sing along to the radio all the time anyway.
- I think I’m addicted to chewing gum and chapstick.
11 Questions from Sugarcaked
- What is your favorite thing to cook? I really love to bake, especially cookies.
- If your life could be like any movie, which would it be? Wellllll, I’ve always thought Sleeping Beauty had a pretty sweet life, take a long nap, wake up to a gorgeous prince, live happily ever after, I’ll take it.
- If you were forced to give up one food forever, is there something you’d be able to give up and not miss? I really doubt I could give up any food any not miss it unless it was something I really didn’t like such as anything cherry flavored (juice, candy, popsicles etc.) or made with canned cherries (i.e pie), beets, raw onions, cauliflower, or shrimp (it’s a texture thing).
- What is the one food you could absolutely never live without? Chocolate! (and cheese, and bacon, and fruit, and chips and salsa …)
- Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate!!!! In my opinion plain vanilla is just a waste.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging? I love to cook and share my food with people so blogging is my way of sharing food with tons of people without actually physically giving it to someone.
- If you could do anything in the world, what would it be? Cure cancer.
- In the same line of thinking: if you could LIVE anywhere in the world, where would you go? Australia! I’ve wanted to visit there for as long as I can remember.
- What is your go-to comfort food? Macaroni and Cheese!!! Especially my grandma’s baked mac and cheese.
- What’s your earliest food memory? Eating pancakes at my grandparent’s house after spending the night.
- What’s your favorite time of year? Fall, but right now I would kill for Spring, I’m sick of this cold weather!
11 Bloggers I’m Passing This on to (in no particular order) PS don’t feel pressured to pass this on if you don’t want to, I just wanted to share your blog because I really like it
- Shortcaked (thanks again for giving me the award!)
- Keep Calm and Eat On (her food sounds delicious and her pictures are gorgeous)
- Fool’s Paradise (my best friend Alyss’a blog, she writes lots of great stuff)
- Omnivorous (food that looks amazing)
- Post-College Musings (my friend Karl’s writing blog)
- Where Lemons Blossom (travel, food, lots of things Italian)
- Life is Short. Eat Hard! (great recipes and fun restaurant/food reviews)
- BB A La Carte (Recipes with pretty pictures that make me want to cook and eat)
- Ranting of an Amateur Chef (I just want to eat his food)
- Captain of Cuisine (yummy recipes)
- Realistic Cooking Ideas (simple recipes that look amazing)
Check out all the blogs, they’re really great!
And my 11 Questions
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What’s your favorite food?
- If you could travel to anywhere in the world where would it be?
- What’s the first thing you ever remember cooking?
- If you could have any super power what would it be?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What’s your job or where did you go to school?
- Sweet or salty?
- What band/artist would write the soundtrack to your life?
- Favorite drink (alcoholic or non, your choice)?
Thanks again to Shortcaked 🙂